Support is one of the least appreciated lines by the community but it is one of the most important in the macro game, a good support can change the whole game even if it does no damage, that’s why we leave you a small guide on how to play this line.
Why play Support
Aside from being one of the most important roles as mentioned above, it is also very fun to play this role and allows you to get a helpful mentality not only for your ADC but for your whole team.
Many people think that playing support can’t make a difference, but that is far from the truth. The dragon river and the baron river if they know how to play their position well, they take away the vision of the enemy team giving them more control of the map. For this reason it is important to be support and to help your team in fights, in some occasions to be cannon fodder.
Tips and Tricks
- Always ward the river, it is one of the most important objectives since there is the dragon or otherwise the top river for baron and/or herlad
- Put ping ward always on the dragon to counter wards. One or two in the jungle also helps.
- Always ward the enemy camps in order to control the jungler’s movements and avoid killing your team..
- Don’t take too much damage unnecessarily, conserve your health for when the jungler helps you or you enter a teamfight.
- Don’t start teamfight alone always wait for your ADC or another teammate nearby.
- Don’t take minions from your ADC if you don’t need to, he needs the gold, you only need a few to complete the support item that gives you the vision.
- Don’t die too much, sometimes it’s hard to understand that you are the support and you get in front but it’s not necessary to die so much, with that you only help the enemy team to get more gold.
- ALWAYS WARD!!!