How to counter Darius, one of the most difficult top laners to beat, only a few champions can cause problems during the lane phase and his playing style. If played correctly Darius can be very close or even win the line. That’s why we tell you how to counter Darius and some champions that can help you with this.
Top champions that counter Darius
- Riven: She has 10% more winrate compared to other champions against Darius, he is one of the best options. Because of his mobility, she is an excellent option against this champion since she can more easily doge his abilities and is the best option when facing Darius.
- Wukong: Thanks to his clone ability (W) he can easily avoid Darius’s Q and with this mobility he could have more advantage in his line phase. You can engage faster.
- Kyle: It’s a good matchup thanks to its range, when it reaches level 6 it can start doing ranged damage away from Darius’s Q to restore life. Also his healing and distance from E helps in the early game.
- Quiin: Another ranged champion, totally favorable against melee champions, against Darius has a bonus since by blinding the opponent it is more difficult to hit his skill set.
How to beat Darius? Some counter tips:
- At levels 1-3 Darius is a difficult champion to beat, so it is better not to face him at these levels, to keep a margin in better keep him at bay with your skills and take into account his cooldown.
- Be aware of your Hemorrhage stacks, when you are close to 4 or 5 stacks it is time to get away from the fight and especially if Darius reaches level 6.
- CC (Crowd control) to Darius as much as you can since he has no way to escape or avoid the CC, this will be your greatest advantage when facing him.
- Avoid Darius’s Q. If you succeed, you can continue to do damage to him, if he manages to get tired of some other ability, stay close to his Q range since it does more damage the further you are from the hitbox of the ability.